General Election 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Election 2017

So our Prime Minister has called for a snap general election. The most important thing right now is that everyone is registered to vote, and that you know who among the candidates will work in your best interest.
    Having said that. Here is where you can register to vote online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
    It takes hardly any time and is EXTREMELY important. Send this link to everyone you know, share it on facebook, and make sure that we get a government representative of the people.

To find out what your government is doing, and whether or not you want to continue to support them, go here: https://www.theyworkforyou.com/
    Search for your postcode to find your local MP, or search for an MP's name to find out if they are working in your best interest. It is vital at this time that we are as informed as possible.

Hi MsCuttlefish, thank you for sharing this info. This snap general election has come as a shock to the nation and opposition parties in Westminster. Let's hope the electorate see and bear in mind what the current government is doing to poor people up and down the country before voting on 8th June.

Here's hoping it won't be a disastrous result like Brexit or Trump!

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie Monster View Post
      Hi MsCuttlefish, thank you for sharing this info. This snap general election has come as a shock to the nation and opposition parties in Westminster. Let's hope the electorate see and bear in mind what the current government is doing to poor people up and down the country before voting on 8th June.

Here's hoping it won't be a disastrous result like Brexit or Trump!
      Trump isn't even a worry in my mind and I am in the US, I think people should be more worried about Pence if anything. Not even joking. That dude is straight evil. I think everything in the world right now when it comes to politics is on full tilt. Hopefully things get better for everyone soon.

Comment

• MsCuttlefish
        MsCuttlefish commented
        Editing a comment
        To be honest, even though Pence is vile and stands for everything I despise, he is at least a practised politician, which means that he is predictable. Trump is a toddler with a handgun, except the handgun is nuclear weapons. The world is a scary place right now.

Originally posted by BlueShark67 View Post

Trump isn't even a worry in my mind and I am in the US, I think people should be more worried about Pence if anything. Not even joking. That dude is straight evil. I think everything in the world right now when it comes to politics is on full tilt. Hopefully things get better for everyone soon.
      I think Trump is a worry including Pence and Trump administration as a whole and so should everyone be around the world. We are facing World War III and actions of North Korea, Russia and others. Yeah, most countries are turning to the far-right but their racist and fascist views will make things far worse especially for Black communities. Not sure if things will get better but we all live in hope :-)

Comment

Working...
      X