Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror Film Recommendations

Hey eveyone,
    I'm looking for recommendations for horror films that are genuinely scary, or are at least unnerving or disturbing.

If anyone knows any, please let me know ^_^

Hi,

Welcome to Beamin Forums

Sadly, I've not come across any films that are genuinely scary. Film makers push gory films as scary when they are not...

What was the last "scary" film you watched? :-)

Comment

'Scary' may be a stretch, but the last horror film I watched that was deeply unnerving was Excision. Fantastic film. Gory, but with purpose.

Comment

Mmm... gory but still sounds interesting. I've added it to my 'Watch List' :-)

Comment

I am not a big fan of horror films because of the gore and and most of them being horribly written. The last one I watched was the remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. You may enjoy that one. Based on a true story as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueShark67 View Post
            I am not a big fan of horror films because of the gore and and most of them being horribly written. The last one I watched was the remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. You may enjoy that one. Based on a true story as well.
            I love horror because I'm waiting for that one film that actually scares the living daylights out of me... but I'm disappointed month after month, year after year with these supposedly terrifying films which are simply not scary. However, I've not watched Chainsaw Massacre or Chainsaw Massacre II because I had them down as gory films but knowing they are based on a true story changes my perception of them a bit... so I'll let you know once I've watched them :-)

Comment

Goodnight Mommy is an excellent horror film. The more horror films I watch the more I need to rely on non-English/American films to get good scares. Tale of Two Sisters is great too.

Comment

Originally posted by MsCuttlefish View Post
                Goodnight Mommy is an excellent horror film. The more horror films I watch the more I need to rely on non-English/American films to get good scares. Tale of Two Sisters is great too.
                Goodnight Mommy is a good film. Not watched Tale of Two Sisters yet. I watched The Woman which is an interesting film. I agree about going for non-English/American films, they usually tend not to disappoint as long as you can keep up with the subtitles. Have to be in the right frame of mind and ready for subtitles lol

Comment

Working...
                X